Thursday, October 20, 2011

Midd-week update - It is raining in Salvador


I love the rain in this country – I love it because it feels a little bit like home. You need to stay in side; everything becomes a little bit cozier. Of course, it tis not fun to be out in the street when it arrives, but siting inside hearing the dripping on the thin roof is soothing!

I have started to adapt. Since the internship started I feel more secure at home, at my street and in my neighborhood. In contrast to the new impressions and feelings of being an alien in a foreign planet (which, I guess, is natural the first week at an internship, in a governmental institution, in a foreign country, with a foreign language) I now feel I know my street and the people that live here better. This is my home, my safe haven – and I’m so happy I feel that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment